London Community Response (IDVA) Service
Hourglass has launched their Community Response Hub into areas of South East London including Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Greenwich and Bexley. This allows us to respond to the needs of older people and others in our local communities.
There will be a dedicated Independent Domestic Violence Advocate (IDVA) team assigned to the hub who specialise in domestic abuse cases involving victim-survivors 60 and over. They will work to support and help the individual to become, and remain safe in their home and community.
What Support Is Available?
The Hub offers specialist advice and support for older people who have experienced or are at risk of, harm, abuse or exploitation. Our team can provide support in a range of areas, from prevention and early intervention, right through to direct support and recovery from abuse including:
· Casework to help you make informed choices, access support or challenge a decision.
· Tailored one-to-one support adopting a person-centred approach, where we focus on you and your specific needs.
· Advocating on your behalf.
· Follow-up calls to provide ongoing support and check-ins.
· A range of resources for advice and information, including our online Knowledge Bank.
Currently, all Hub services will be provided remotely over the phone or online. Our Helpline team can fill out a referral form that goes to our Community Hub team, who will contact you to discuss further support if neccesary.
Our 24/7 Helpline telephone service is free and confidential, and there are also options for SMS text, email and instant messaging.
Phone: 0808 808 8141
Text: 07860 052906